Location: Uvita, Costa Rica
When it comes to a parcel of land with infrastructure and excellent reputation for co-existing with nature, Manoas is the respected property in the area. The large farm property has been transformed over the years to include several homes, Luxury safi tents, staff quarters, commercial kitchen and restaurant facility. A large open air yoga pavilion that is also the perfect setting for weddings and other events and ceremonies sits on the hillside with views to the jungle and towering mountains. The pool area with decking and covered rancho and the added advantage of river frontage with swimming holes and abundant wild life round out the property's additional gathering spaces for large groups.
The land rises at a gradual slope from the beautiful Uvita River allowing wide open spaces across the 17 acres that are dotted with fruit trees, and still plenty of room to expand the estate if so desired. To have all this and the benefit of being just a few minutes (2km) on a beautifully maintained road to town and beaches makes this the perfect purchase for those looking for the retreat center of your dreams.
Features you won't find elsewhere:
When you think you've see it all, just around the corner within the 1 km of hiking trails is the Lagoon, a calm, garden filled utopia surrounding the lagoon. Picture a Renoir painting and place yourself in it. The perfect meditation and treatment atmosphere, and stocked with a self sustaining Tilapia population.
The riverfront is something else to behold. 350 meters in total wraps around the north boundary with the strong Rio Uvita meeting the cool mountain spring waters of the Rio Ballena, before heading out to the ocean. Natural swimming holes and large out-cropping of rocks for group gatherings makes it easy to host gatherings in this private section of river.
The property includes a large dining area that sits up-hill above the Pavilion with commercial kitchen and restroom.
Waterfalls are also within hiking distance up stream.
The property includes a large additional plantel outside the gate with glorious mountain views for additional food production, more lodging or a welcome centre.
Another area to note is the ancient Chilamate Tree surrounded by decking. Feel the energy from the tree as you relax under its mighty canopy. Another wonderful area to host weddings and other ceremonies.
A total of 15 bedrooms across the property will comfortably sleep over 30 people.
- A 3,143 sq ft main house with large kitchen, 3 bedrooms, and covered roof top with additional living and dining space.
- 2,100 sq ft 3 bedroom home was recently built in 2014 has large gathering spaces, two living rooms and an additional welcome office that could transition to a fourth bedroom with its own ensuite bath.
- 2 bedroom villa of 1,862 sq ft with privacy and jacuzzi garden
- another one bedroom villa of 1334 sq ft, also with jacuzzi
- 4 luxury Jungle Safari tents, each with beautiful ensuite baths, large exterior decking, and sleeping 2-4 people (425 sq ft each)
- Yoga Pavilion
- Staff house with Laundry service area on a creek in a quiet setting
- Commercial kitchen building with restaurant seating and bathroom. (1,291 sq ft)
- A natural spring water system with UV purification feeds the entire property
- Electric entry gate with call box and code entry.
- WiFi mesh system feeds wireless signal to the entire property
- 30 Panel solar system produces 1000 kwh during sunny times
- Wood-fire Pizza/Bread Oven
Location, Location, Location:
Uvita is on the Whales Coast (Costa Ballena) and offers a multitude of activities just a short drive or hike away. Whale watching, surf beaches, the Marine National Park, and all the conveniences of a city with shops, super markets, banks and the popular farmers market every Wednesday and Saturday. Even though you will have enough land to cultivate your own produce, organic growers are not far.
This property comes completely turn-key, ready to operate. There will not be a property like this available again any time soon.